20 May 2009

This is What I Heard in Class Tonight

This is What I Heard in Class Tonight

We had a group discussion/activity tonight. We were grouped based on where we sat. As our discussion for the class activity waned, one of the girls in my group started talking to her friend about work, that it is a family business and how she has to be on call all the time, and she always is surrounded by work talk. To which, the other girls responded, "I don't know how you do it, I'm out of work by five o'clock and then I go home. I have tuberculosis."


WHAT?!

I'm sitting next to someone with a highly infectious disease who is symptomatic? FYI this is the one who was coughing in an earlier post. Now the truth has been revealed, it is not pig flu, it is tuberculosis.



Also, my teacher came into class with an In-N-Out cup, again. He also likes to go around to each group while we're working on our activity and snatch the paper off our desks, perusing them with a critical brow to check how we're doing.

No comments: